The Catholic Choice
HERE ARE A DOZEN REASONS TO CHOOSE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
- We offer an education that combines Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence.
- We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
- We set high standards for student achievement and help them succeed.
- We provide a balanced academic curriculum that integrates faith, culture and life.
- We use technology effectively to enhance education.
- We instill in students the value of service to others.
- We teach children respect of self and others.
- We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
- We prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
- We have a 99 percent high school graduation rate.
- We cultivate a faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring and effective.
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment.
National Catholic Educational Association
Shaping the World
Catholic education is a MINISTRY of the church.
Catholic schools afford the fullest and best opportunity to realize the fourfold purpose of Christian education, namely to provide an atmosphere in which the Gospel message is proclaimed, community in Christ is experienced, service to our sisters and brothers is the norm, and thanksgiving and worship of our God is cultivated.
Renewing our Commitment to Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools in the Third Millennium, USCCB
Catholic education is an expression of the mission entrusted by Jesus to the Church he founded.
Through education the Church seeks to prepare its members to proclaim the Good News and to translate this proclamation into action. Since the Christian vocation is a call to transform oneself and society with God’s help, the educational efforts of the Church must encompass the twin purposes of personal sanctification and social reform in light of Christian values.
To Teach as Jesus Did, A Pastoral Message on Catholic Education, 7
Young people of the third millennium must be a source of energy and leadership in our Church and our nation. Therefore, we must provide young people with an academically rigorous and doctrinally sound program of education and faith formation designed to strengthen their union with Christ and his Church. Catholic schools collaborate with parents and guardians in raising and forming their children as families struggle with the changing and challenging cultural and moral contexts in which they find themselves.
Catholic schools provide young people with sound Church teaching through a broad-based curriculum, where faith and culture are intertwined in all areas of a school's life. By equipping our young people with a sound education, rooted in the Gospel message, the Person of Jesus Christ, and rich in the cherished traditions and liturgical practices of our faith, we ensure that they have the foundation to live morally and uprightly in our complex modern world. This unique Catholic identity makes our Catholic elementary and secondary schools ‘Schools for the human person’ and allows them to fill a critical role in the future life of our Church, our country, and our world.
-Catholic Schools on the Threshold, no.9